Tuesday, August 15, 2006

nyc redux


gaaah. my trip to new york was amazing. amazing weather, amazing food, amazing shopping, and even more amazing friends and family. just the booster shot of amazingness that i needed before school, and its attendant responsibilities, start up again in earnest. the quality time with jess, lauren, loren, tar-bear, wayne, mimi, thomas, and my little cousin ellis was invaluable. that said, i think i went home at the right time. not only did i pick a seriously bad time to leave work (which makes me that much more badass), but i think i was starting to miss the atmosphere of chicago. the streets of new york are always teeming with people--it's like rush hour every hour--which can be either energizing or enervating depending on how it hits you. after four straight days, i found it was starting to tend towards the latter. that said, from soho to long island, from economy candy to the chinatown ice cream factory, good times abounded. big thanks to LZP and chrissy the wonder dog for hosting me!

here are my photos from the trip; hopefully my uncle will send cute cousin-pics posthaste.

No comments: