Wednesday, October 18, 2006

i joined the club.

yesterday i played hooky. capital-h-o-o-k-y-period. but whatever. i give to oxfam on the regular, i've probably paid to see your band play, i'm kind to animals and sometimes children, i can take a day off, right?

two things precipitated the laziness. one, my volunteer site totally flaked on me. two, the previous night saw an incident with my laptop, in which keyboard started fritzing on me. this was kind of the last straw. i was going to try and hold off until next semester, but it was time to embrace the inevitable and buy A Mac. so help me, if the JMLS fucks up my loan in any way, i will unleash a rageful hate unlike anything anybody ever thought me capable of.

but anyway. oh, this machine is beautiful. beautiful. although i can't seem to load google talk and i am having issues with my new, mac-compatible quicken software. which sounds like a nerdy thing to complain about, but it's the only thing standing inbetween Claire Living In Her Wicker Park Apartment and Claire Living In A Cardboard Box.

but anyway. beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Must be the time for laptops to start freaking out. Mine is doing a wierd thing where the screen flickers and bubbles in and out (good thing that my sister is "selling" me her year old laptop super cheap . . .!). :) Happy new laptoping! :) Julie D.