Monday, December 11, 2006

housekeeping

catching up on some of the recurring themes around here:

1. my inability to cook: on saturday, a new low. i fucked up a bowl of quick oats. OATMEAL. i estimated the water incorrectly and it overboiled and i had to use a strainer. i thought i was ready to graduate from the individual kiddie packets but apparently NOT.

2. the everyday unintentional awesomeness of my friends:

a. so, the other day i filled out one of those ridiculous surveys that an acquaintance had posted on myspace. because i'm secretly 12 years old, and it's finals, and at that particular moment i could deal with "pepsi or crack cocaine?" much more than "describe the scope of the 'intangible rights doctrine' as it relates to the federal mail fraud statute." call it a new low of a different sort. out of the 4 friends that slummed along with me, 3 answered a question relating to the music of jack johnson with "i don't know who that is."

b. the same day, an email from jessica: "is it wrong to think mr. spitzer is sexy?"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is it bad that I don't know who Jack Johnson is? Someone fill me in! ~ Julie

Anonymous said...

he's that almost offensively inoffensive surfer-folksinger guy. the dude who recordd that "curious george" cd.

Anonymous said...

Hmm . . . I must be really out of the loop because I still don't know! I'm going to have to google him.