Wednesday, March 07, 2007

4 lists.

things i did today:
1. go to work.
2. attend a meeting for the new orleans trip.
3. present at a meeting for the new orleans trip.
4. make up a 90-minute exam for one of my classes.
5. go to class 1.
6. go to class 2.
7. take a 45-minute deposition at class 2.
8. learn that j. nicholas parish once punched a cow at the wisconsin state fair.
9. realize that i am not surprised by number 8.

bands/records i have been feeling again lately:
1. broadcast.
2. crooked fingers.
3. the dismemberment plan, "emergency and i." (before the reunion was announced, actually.)
4. pelican.
5. juliana hatfield, "made in china." (don't hate. maybe a few of the lyrics are ham-fisted, but this album rocks. kind of like what sleater-kinney may have been aiming for with "the woods," but with actual songs and less blooze.)
5. the verlaines. (of course.) (p.s. they are recording a new album! this is a great thing. you just don't know it. finding out about stuff like this is why, no matter how annoying and pervy and corporate myspace becomes, i cannot disavow it completely.)

places i ate hot dogs last saturday:
1. vienna beef hot dog factory.
2. jimmy's red hots.
3. gene and jude's.
4. superdawg.
5. wolfy's.
6. u lucky dawg.
7. byron's.*

cool things on the internet:
1. this. (courtesy of s/fj.)
2. and this.


* (a bite.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My list:

1. Punching that Cow might have been one of the funniest things I have ever done.

2. I count myself as one of the few people that thinks Gene and Judes sucks

3. You spelled my name wrong.


J Nicholas Parish

Anonymous said...

1. i'm sure.

2. WHAT? that was totally my favorite dog of the trip. and the fries were ace too. to each his own, though.

3. oh, sorry. i always forget about the no-punctuation thing. exactly what drugs were your parents doing in the 70s?

Anonymous said...

1. I rule

2. I just don't think they're dog is worth the smug condesention that comes with it. Usually, I'm all about that kind of thing, but not with hot dogs.

3. All of them.

4. I feel cheated with your pie of the month link. I was all abou to sign up, when I realized they only send you the recipe. What do I care about that, I want a fucking pie.